Before contacting us, please verify the following:
1. Which Series is my DVR/NVR?
2. Which mobile app do I need to use for my DVR/NVR?
Applications for each platform
- Apple (iPhone/iPad): HDCVI MMS
- Android: HDCVI MMS
- Apple (iPhone/iPad): VSS Mobile
- Android: VSS Mobile
- Apple (iPhone/iPad): iDMSS
- Apple (iPhone/iPad): iDMSS Pro
- Android: GDMS Lite
- Android: GDMS Plus
PC Software to view the cameras CMS/SmartPSS
1. How do I get the CMS/SmartPSS for H series DVR/NVR for Windows?
2. How do I get the CMS/SmartPSS for H series DVR/NVR for Mac computers?
IP/HD Analog Camera
IP/HD Analog Camera Topics
1. What is the tool to find my IP Camera?
3. What is the default username and password to access my IP camera?
- H Series
Username: admin Password: admin “or” 12345
- S Series
Username: admin Password: 123456
- F Series
Username: admin Password: Field must be left blank.
4. What is the Default IP address to access my camera through the Browser?
- H Series
http://192.168.1.108/ or http://192.168.1.10/
- S Series
5. How do I set 4-in-1 camera technologies?
- Unplug the camera from the power.
- Change the DIP Switch settings according to the chart below.
- Once you are done, give power to the camera again.
- Please keep in mind the black shaded pins are the correct positions (not the white)
6. Why does my new camera look grayish with distortion when connected to my DVR?
Please check which technology does your DVR support and the resolution as well. Make sure to match the same setting and technology on the camera so that they can be compatible. Make sure to remove the power of the camera and plug it back in so it can apply the settings. Note: Our XVR series of H DVRs are 5-in-one technology, so they can read HD CVI, TVI, AHD, Analog and IP cameras. If the camera is varifocal check zoom/focus.
1. What is the default username and password of my H Series DVR/NVR?
- Answer 1: The default username is: admin and the password is: 12345 “or” admin321
- Answer 2: If the DVR/NVR has 888888 as the username, the password for it is: 888888 however, this login can only be used while connecting locally.
2. I lost the admin password for my H unit, can I reset it?
- Answer: Yes. If you are the purchaser that shows on the invoice, you can call Technical support, with the Model number and Serial number and you can get a Master password to access the unit. End users or non-purchasing customers will be denied master password access.
3. How do I set up my H series DVR/NVR on DHCP in order to access it on the network?
4. How to I set up P2P (Cloud Access) on my DVR/NVR?
5. What is the default IP address for my DVR/NVR?
- For H Series: 192.168.1.108
- For S Series: 192.168.1.88
6. Which ports should be open on the Router/Modem to access the DVR through port forwarding?
- Answer: If you want to forward the ports instead of doing P2P, the default ports are:
- For H Series: http port: 80, TCP port: 37777
- For S Series: http port: 80, TCP port: 8000
10. How do I set up Email notifications on my DVR/NVR?
Tip: Depending on the email provider, it might be necessary to enable the account to allow third party applications to use the email services, here we show you how to do it on Google accounts:
Count on professional advice on the installation of security systems
The GESS group of engineers is at your service for the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the security systems.